Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Bridleless Christmas

A dear friend of mind emailed me a video of her dancing with her horse who also happens to be named "Grace" to Christmas music. Today I pulled out the video camera so Grace and I could send her and her Grace our Christmas best.

Our rides have been so good in the past week and I was pleased to see that I didn't throw it all away just because the camera was rolling. At the end of the ride I finally said "Why not" and took off the bridle. I could not be more thrilled with the results. Actually I do believe that Grace moved even better when I didn't have the ability to touch her mouth. Looks like we will be working this into our regularly scheduled training program.

Merry Christmas!



3 comments:

  1. Both videos you and Grace look so good! I thought it was interesting though how much lower Grace stretched her neck down in the bridle-less video. Never before have I seen her head sooo low!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't get much cooler than that! Funny, but Dee seems to do some things better bridleless, too. Spins and stops in particular which would certainly lead me to believe that even though I don't think I do, I clearly do too much with my hands in those maneuvers. Grace looks fantastic.

    Love your jingle bells! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete