Monday, November 26, 2012

Horses are not like potato chips. Tattoos are!





I’ve heard it said many times that horses are like potato chips; you can’t stop at one. I have not found that to be the case as I’ve happily been a one horse owner for many years now. Now tattoos on the other hand are a different story. I’ve wanted another one within seconds of getting my first. I am amazed it took me this long to get it done. What took me so long was finding something that I wanted as bad as my first tattoo and it had to be the same quality, so I went with the same artist. This time I didn’t have an exact reference to provide, more of an idea. I walked in with a picture of Rosie the Riveter and told him what I wanted. I am beyond thrilled with the results. 

The inspiration behind this tattoo is every strong woman that has come into my life. From my mother the city girl who I watched raise a family and run a small farm while my dad was out to sea, my sister the single mother that raised two girls, worked full time and provided a house for the girls to grow up in, to Jeannie who is 10 years younger than me who taught me how to pull my first horse trailer and that if I wanted to get something fixed I could always do it myself. The list of strong women that have shaped my life is long, I now have a daily reminder to be sure that I thank them.

1 comment: